Seasonal Taproom Beertender
The Beertender (Taproom Bartender) will be focused on creating a beer-centric experience and providing friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive service that will create an exceptional experience for guests. This position will be responsible for describing, selling, and pouring staple and seasonal brews and serving as an “expert” on the company, our products, and the craft beer industry.
- Welcome and greet all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests, with the goal of engaging in conversations, creating regulars, and maximizing the customer experience.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to all guest requests and concerns.
- Educate all guests about the staple and seasonal brews available on the current draft menu, the history and culture of the brewery and the craft beer industry, and the differences between styles.
- Maintain full knowledge of recipes and other pertinent information about staple and seasonal brews available on the current offerings.
- Constantly work to increase knowledge of craft beer and beverages, including attending training and meetings put on by the brewery team and/or related craft beer associations and brewers.
- Take customer orders in a timely and prompt fashion, following all applicable laws and company policies on verifying identification and the maximum amount of beer to be served to guests.
- Apply all guidelines for responsible alcohol service.
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Provide all necessary garnishes for the shift.
- Assist in restocking of beer inventory and supplies.
- Follow all required sanitation and safe serving guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure consistent stocking of kegs, merchandise, and/or packaged products for sale to guests.
- Maintain comfort and cleanliness throughout the bar and work area, including restrooms and public areas.
- Promptly report all equipment and maintenance issues to the General Manager or Shift Supervisor.
- Operate POS system.
- Complete cash handling and credit card transactions, and balance register at the end of each shift. Record customer gratuities are trained and/or as required by law.
- Follow checklists and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service and professionalism with guests, management, and co-workers. Demonstrate flexibility in scheduling and assist as needed with ensuring all shifts are appropriately staffed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Prior work experience with bar/restaurant, brewery, winery, and/or bartender experience.
- Possess basic math skills and the ability to handle money.
- Able to communicate effectively and be understood in English.
- Able to lift heavy objects (25 – 50 lbs.) on a continual basis. Able to transport up to 160 lbs. (full kegs) with assistance. Able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for up to 8 hours per shift. Able to work in crowded and confined spaces.
- Able to operate or able to quickly learn the Point of Sale system.
- Able to maintain excellent customer service and a professional appearance suitable for guest interaction while working under pressure.
- Possess or be able to obtain a RSB Certification.
- Possess working knowledge of beer and craft beer industry.
- Possess strong knowledge and enforcement of ABC laws.
- Possess awareness of local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws.
Job Type: Part-Time, SEASONAL, TEMPORARY
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter via our Indeed Page: