Sustainable Retail Merchant
The Sustainable Retail Merchant position will be focused on creating and launching merchandise collections that fall in line with our Merchandise Code of Conduct, promoting Pure Project while maintaining our commitment to ethical and sustainable manufacturing. This position will be responsible for all planning, sourcing, design collaboration, purchasing, trends analytics and reordering. This position will also oversee the item performance in taprooms and the online store to the fullest Pure Project standards and expectations.
The Sustainable Retail Merchant will work directly with Leadership and Marketing teams in planning, creating and ordering. The position is part time (20 or less hours per week), pays $24 per hour, and can be done remotely with an occasional need to receive or deliver product and visit our tap room locations for visual merchandising needs (generally from Monday through Friday).
- Responsible for creating product lines for Spring/Summer, Winter/Holiday, Anniversary and re-ordering high performance items to roll over to next year or season.
- Tracking collection and R&D item performance.
- Create brand sheets for all merchandise with notable selling tactics and sustainable features.
- Forecast and ensure consistent planning and ordering during the year.
- Maintain profit margin goals of each item.
- Review weekly sales and performance of items in each location.
- Brainstorm sales tactics and promotions to increase item sales with FOH and Marketing teams.
- Coordinate redistribution of low performing items to new locations as needed.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to increase efficiency throughout all aspects of the ordering and sourcing processes.
- Follow and improve existing checklists and SOPs using Google Suite. Ensure all team members are using up-to-date documentation.
- Build & maintain vendor relationships and advocate for brand collaborations.
- Coordinate scheduling for delivery drops with warehouse and receiving teams.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- At least two years of retail experience in the beer, outdoor or sustainable clothing industry.
- Proven record of creating strategies to increase revenue and budgeting efficiency.
- Possess demonstrated team-building skills remotely amongst vendors and suppliers.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills in all aspects of the role.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent conflict resolution skills in supply chain and logistics.
- Possess basic math skills.
- Strong knowledge of beer and trends in the craft beer industry is preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively through verbal, written, and tech-based platforms.
- Able to lift heavy objects (25 – 50 lbs.) should product pick-up or delivery be required.
- Able to operate or able to quickly learn POS back-end systems.
- Efficient in Google suites and familiar with inventory management platforms.
- Able to maintain excellent customer service and professional appearance suitable for guest interaction and during video calls or video meetings.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via our Indeed Page.