Pure Project is currently looking for an individual to grow and run our Quality Assurance and Quality Control program. In conjunction with the Director of Brewing Operations, the QA / QC Manager will manage all laboratory operations at our production facility in Vista as well as our smaller brewery in Miramar.
Key areas of accountability include but are not limited to: Microbiological Quality Assurance (QA) / Quality Control (QC), Chemical Analytics, Yeast Management, Fermentation Management and Sensory Analysis Panels.
Our vision for this role is to have someone ensure that our beer is consistent, and the production staff has all necessary data and tools to make the best beer possible.
duties & responsibilities:
- Build & maintain a Quality Control program to include chemical analysis and microbial stability.
- Design and implement quality improvement projects within specific budgetary constraints. These projects should be designed to improve product quality, safety, and efficiency. They must work to ensure that capital is spent in the most effective manner possible. Process and analyze the microbiology of the beer being produced and make recommendations to the brewers and management team for quality improvement.
- Measure and track dissolved oxygen and CO2 levels. Develop and maintain company standards for raw ingredients.
- Analyze raw ingredient ingredients and ensure they meet company standards. Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Maintain packaged beer archive for sensory panels.
- Manage sensory panels and record results for stability analysis and shelf life recommendations.
- Create agar plates utilizing different media that is used for the detection of beer spoilage organism and wild yeast
- Manage and develop yeast program including ordering, propagating, monitoring viability and pitch rates with input from Director of Brewing Operations Analyze current procedures and make recommendations on additional equipment and testing procedures.
- Actively encourage staff to improve their work practices and make them eager to do so. They must set key performance indicators and make staff aware of their importance. Assist with troubleshooting production issues.
- Create, update and maintain standard operating procedures for lab
- Work with the Director of Brewing Operations and Marketing Department to handle customer complaints regarding quality issues.
- Responsible for research and development regarding the QA / QC Department. Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years Brewery experience
- 3+ years QA/QC Experience
- Computer literacy regarding data entry programs and analysis
- BSc Degree preferred
- Experience with Ekos encouraged
- Experience with DraughtLab encouraged
Job Type: Full-Time
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter via our Indeed Page.