Field Sales Representative – Los Angeles
The Field Sales Representative for Los Angeles is responsible for developing and managing wholesale accounts while growing the volume and visibility of Pure Project’s products. This position’s salary will be heavily concentrated on sales commission.
- Focus on increasing the market share of core and seasonal beers through our existing account base and adding new accounts as required.
- Provide both new and existing accounts with information about product sell-in, brand, quality, package, placement, and presentation.
- Assist accounts with proper inventory management and quality standards and monitoring sell-through in accordance with the Pure Project Freshness Agreement.
- Work with existing accounts on a designated schedule (i.e., weekly, biweekly, monthly) basis, with the goal of increasing package distribution on- and off-premise and increasing presence in each market.
- Identify new markets that are not being served well and develop plans to establish business relationships with these accounts.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following referrals from clients, beer festivals, and other creative lead generators.
- Make frequent sales calls to potential on and off-premise accounts within the assigned territory to build a closer relationship between the account and Pure Project
- Identify and maintain sales goals and work within department budgets.
- Work in the Ekos app to create sales invoices and work with our Logistics team to handle deliveries.
- Preparing sales reports from Ekos, keeping sales records, and filling out expense reports.
- Thoroughly understand and embrace brewery brands and culture and deliver on our mission to wholesale and retail customers.
- Create new procedures and SOPs related to new market/product launches and promotional events.
- Plan and execute a promotional calendar and promotional events with key retailers geared towards building sales and distribution.
- Plan, organize, and attend and pour beers at off-site beer festivals as needed.
- Improve conditions and merchandise accounts by building displays, resetting coolers, and displaying point-of-sale items to increase the brand’s visibility.
- Forecast seasonal brand execution and track results.
- As needed, deliver products to customers.
- A deep understanding of digital platforms like Ekos, Slack, Google Drive, and QuickBooks is required to handle these duties well.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 2+ years of recent sales experience working with beer or alcohol beverages in the Los Angeles area.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of marketing and promotion techniques.
- Ability to lift up to 130 lbs and comfortable maneuvering products to and from a vehicle. Ability to climb, kneel, crawl, twist, squat, and reach overhead. The position requires frequent, constant standing and walking.
- Must reside in the Los Angeles metro area and have a reliable transportation vehicle and a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Proficient skills in Google Suite Apps, writing, and email etiquette.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and strong work ethic
- Able to multitask, paying attention to account needs and time constraints.
- Organized, detail-oriented, responsible, and enthusiastic.
- Craft beer industry knowledge preferred.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Commission pay
Please submit your resume and cover letter via our Indeed page. When applying, please answer the additional question: Why would you like to work for Pure Project?