Our Events Manager is responsible for the planning, design, production, execution, promotion, overall coordination and profitability of all Pure Projects events (On-Site and Off-Site). This position works closely with our Tap Rooms, Marketing, Production, Logistics, & Accounting departments, as well as our Customers and Vendors, serving as the main point of contact for all the aspects of events organization. This individual must be highly organized, possess a reliable way of transportation, and be comfortable communicating with multiple individuals both internally and externally. The Event Manager roll is a salary position with a variable work schedule, occasionally working evenings, holidays and weekends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On-Site Public Events:
- Work with local organizations, vendors, and Pure Project departments to plan and execute public events at our tasting rooms (for example: beer dinners, pairings, marketing promotions, etc.)
- Manage a robust calendar of public events to boost taproom revenue, engage the community, and give back to our nonprofit partners.
- Manage vendors, permitting, layout, inventory, equipment, budget, staffing, etc.
- Ensure Tap Rooms have all information and materials, and be onsite when needed, to ensure the events run smoothly.
- Incorporate sustainability practices and eco friendly options to ensure public events fall in line with company ethos.
- On-Site Private Events, Reservations & Buy-Outs:
- Respond to leads in a timely manner.
- Discuss and analyze events based on demand and viability.
- Meet with potential clients to discuss event needs, layouts, food vendor options, decor, etc.
- Negotiate with leads and book events.
- Develop pricing systems and SOPs.
- Manage permitting, equipment, budget, staffing, etc.
- Ensure Taproom Managers and Team Members have the information and materials, and be onsite when needed, to ensure the events run smoothly.
- Coordinate effort with assigned outside catering partners to maximize revenue and ensure customer needs are met.
- Off-Site Events, like Beer and Food Festivals and/or Collaboration Events (Ticketed & Non-Ticketed):
- Filter festivals that fit our brand and ethos.
- Coordinate with external event organizers to register and confirm legal compliance, coordinate beer transfer, availability and prepare jockey box and event kits.
- Coordinate Team Members’ travel, and keep control of cost/return.
- Manage Pure Project Annual Events, like Anniversary Party, Log Cabin Day and Employee Holiday Party.
- Develop new event opportunities and forward thinking on event spaces, concepts, etc.
- Events Team:
- Manage Team of Pure Members working and involved in events. Identify team members (when needed) and utilize them to help with events.
- Delegate tasks & manage schedules to ensure they have sufficient office hours to complete their tasks.
- Meet regularly with members to answer any questions and provide guidance to help them learn and succeed.
- Create quarterly sales objectives by creating sales plans and quotas.
- Create a program outline for events and activations in an organized format that can be shared with the marketing and leadership team.
- Responsible for effective contract management and compliance.
- Understanding compliance of all ABC laws for holding events on the property and off-site. Proactively engage in research and contact regulation agencies for specific events information and compliance.
- Manage inventory and maintenance of all in-house event equipment
- Communicate with Accounting about invoices payment, taxes, budget, allocations and other items related to cash flow and compliance.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 2+ years of experience working in an events-related role.
- Understands marketing and promotion techniques.
- Proficient skills in Google Suite Apps, writing and email etiquette.
- Excellent Customer Service skills, strong work ethic and full commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Able to multitask, paying attention to budget and time constraints.
- Organized, detail oriented, responsible and enthusiastic.
- Must reside in San Diego County and have a reliable transportation vehicle, a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Craft beer industry knowledge, Certified Beer Server preferred.
- Experience with large-scale beer events preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs and comfortable maneuvering event equipment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via our Indeed Page.