Summary of Position: Maximizes return on financial assets of the Company by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
core (essential) duties AND responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned).
- Structure the Finance Department. We are bringing outsourced finance services in-house. This position will be responsible for structuring the following:
- Implement the Accounts Receivable process, to ensure the accurate and timely processing of all AR aging components.
- Implement the Disbursement processes, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, internal employee expense reports, cash control, and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Full Cycle Bi-Weekly Payroll Processing.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly and annual financial records for the Management Team.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of account reconciliations and compliance with state and federal laws and financial regulations, including bank, credit card & loan account reconciliations.
- Assure corporate tax compliance to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate tax returns, taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely reporting of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits and controls throughout the Company.
- Serves as a financial strategic lead supporting analyses, forecasting, and budgeting initiatives.
- Provide annual budget and financial information to the Company as well as the auditors.
- Assures financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Provide financial analysis tools and reports to evaluate company ventures and special projects, programs, capital expenditures, cost of service, etc.
- Manage day-to-day banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive rates.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs/strategies/compensation plans, and regulatory action.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism which includes a minimum cash threshold to meet the operating needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA college degree required in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of five years of hands-on accounting experience.
- Experience with implementing systems of financial policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Knowledge of the beverage or alcohol industry is a plus.
LANGUAGE AND RELATED SKILLS:
Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with contractors, internal and external customers. Must have strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills. Additionally, needs to communicate regularly via phone, text messages. Strong computer skills. Experience with using ADP payroll and Coastal Payroll (iSolved), QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, and Google Suite is a plus.
Ability to analyze financial data and prepare complex financial reports, statements, and projections. Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and profitability analysis. Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues. Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of business ethics. Must be able to represent the company professionally at networking, client, and industry events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles.
Job Type: Full-Time
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter via our Indeed Page.